Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

Top of the Muffin, to ya! Week 11

Wow, I had high expectations for vacation. As we buzzed through hilly Pennsylvania before dawn, chatty from obscenely large coffees and the promise of a week away, I told my husband how committed I was to staying on track for the week.

And then my overly tired toddler had a screaming meltdown at 7:00 a.m. at a Michigan Avenue Starbucks.  And then it started raining and didn't stop. And it was cold. And windy. And then Harper declared adamant opposition to the stroller. And before I knew it, I was sitting in our hotel room, mindlessly eating a pack of Harper's fruit snacks (among other atrocities).

And though Harper made a swift recovery and had a wonderful week in the stroller, in museums and even in the pack n play,

Unfortunately (poor choice of words. . . the muffin top has nothing to do with fortune, since it was completely within my control), I crumbled like. . . the crust of a Gino's East deep dish cheese pizza.



And crumbled like the huge bag of Doritos that Harper poured onto the luxurious hotel bed at 6:15 a.m.



And crumbled like deep-fried portabella mushrooms (y'all, I don't even like mushrooms) at Trocadero.


And crumbled like the Garrett Chicago Mix my huge butt sat on as we drove home.



We got back two days ago.  I'm too scared to weigh.

Last week did not a skinny bitch make. I am shamed.  I am embarrassed.

I'm going vegan for the week to get myself back on track.

I will not falter.  I will not fail.

I will wear my favorite white capris in May and I will not look like a ruptured bag of cake icing in doing so.

6 comments:

  1. Oh Courtney, don't beat yourself up, you were on vacation! And it sounds like you did a lot of walking and running after Harper, so I'm sure that amount of physical activity cancelled out the caloric intake :) Plus! Skinny bitches got bumps, lumps, and cellulite too! http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1366995/One-women-26-56-3rd-Kate-Moss-Which-which.html

    And if you're still concerned about looking fab in your capris come May, why not find a great tunic top? Look beachy-chic AND cover any problem areas. Consult Tory Burch for inspiration: http://www.toryburch.com/designer-tunics/clothing-tunics,default,sc.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want that pizza. And those mushrooms. Right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Doritos picture is hilarious. You are too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. deep fried mushrooms?!! how do i get my greasy paws on some of those? :) j/k... that's not very skinny bitch of me, now is it? ...i've fallen off the wagon so long ago, i can't even see it on the horizon anymore...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Following you from McFatty Monday :)
    The popcorn looks delish! Oh I am so hungry right now that the doritos look good LOL

    ReplyDelete