On a blog I read regularly, the author suggests that you make a list of reasons why you think you can't lose weight. She says that what you'll have at the end is just a list of excuses & that the only thing stopping you is you.
Without further adieu:
Reasons it's cool to stay fat - winter edition:
1.This weekend, when we went snow tubing at Ski Liberty, I got some major air. Hang time, if you will. I felt like a jet engine was strapped to my inner tube, but nope. That's just my huge butt and my good friend, gravity.
2. When I bundle up for c25k runs, I don't look easy to kidnap.
3. Stranded in a snow drift in Chicago on Lake Shore Drive? I won't starve or freeze to death. I'll just be hitting my stride on Day 3.
4. If I take a little spill on black ice, I probably won't break my coccyx.
While I welcome any excuse to inject Uncle Rico, that's just what they are. Excuses.
Sure, there are more believable ones, like:
1. It's too cold - I do not own enough clothing to keep me warm outside, right now.
2. Harper hates the stroller and screams so loudly that I'm afraid people will think I'm abusing her.
3. I'm too tired. I'm falling asleep by 8:00 p.m. on an easy day.
4. With all of our playdates and classes and errands, I just don't have time! ((eyeroll & Scarlett O'Hara faint))
That last one is the worst of all.. the Stay at Home Mom Excuse.
I can, however, think of one really, really huge reason to work hard to make my life as long and as healthy as possible. It's funny, because the reason is small - only 27 lbs - and also fits in an inner tube.
This week, I lost 1 lb. No excuses, next week.