Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Fall, I love you.

Fall is and has always been my favorite time of year.  I love the smell of burning leaves and cinnamon, picking out pumpkins, watching football with Brandon while Harper naps, dressing in warm, forgiving clothes and seeing the rosy flush in cheeks that only happens on a blustery day. With the busy of July and August fresh in my mind, I'm not yet antsy to be out and about.  I'm content to stay home doing random, possibly ugly and disastrous crafts on a whim and cooking things that generally include way too much butter, sugar and flour. 

I'm like Paula Deen, minus the baking abilities and fake, syrupy Southern accent. I've burned, undercooked or butchered the steps and/or ingredients of almost every cookie, cake or pie recipe known to man. This year, I stumbled upon something that even I can't mess up.

Pumpkin Pie Muffins

Ingredients:
One large can of pure pumpkin
One regular box of cake mix.  Any kind.  I've tried vanilla, chocolate and spice.  I prefer spice.
Cinnamon and nutmeg to taste

Steps:
Combine can of pumpkin with cake mix. 
Mix until your arm falls off (lumps are the only awesome-eliminating factor).
Pour into pre-sprayed-with-cooking-spray cupcake pans. (it'll take two)
Pop into pre-heated oven at 350 for 25 minutes.

I haven't messed them up a single time. Ok, once. Whatever.  Best of all, Harper can "help" and I don't have to go all crazed mom when she licks the batter.  No egg, no E.coli. Awesome.  The consistency of the inside is just like pumpkin pie.  It never gets "muffiny," so they don't dry out.  Brandon thinks they're a little too moist (I am quite possibly the only person I know who can describe things as "moist" and not cringe). Moist, moist, moist! That's what she said. I digress.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment