Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

I've heard just about enough.

This camel's back is getting weak. 

In three weeks, we're moving back to our hometown. 

I am a whirling dervish of packing and sorting and throwing away the last four years of our life. 

I can not wait to get back to Fayetteville, North Carolina.

Did you just raise an eyebrow?

It is home to Fort Bragg - you know.. where the men and women who protect your freedom work and train and live and have families.  You may have heard of it. 

You may have a story of a night you spent there. 

And if you did, or your grandma's cat's hamster's turtle's llama spent a night there, as sure as you have a mouth to spew it from, I'm sure you have an opinion.

But what, on Earth, makes you think it's a good idea to insult the city where I was born? Where my family, and my husband's family, have chosen to live for generations?

Maybe it would be a better idea for you to ask me about it, instead. 


And another thing:

Those of you who are from Fayetteville and moved off someplace and have gotten too big for your britches and run it down every chance you get? ..You're from there, too. For shame.




4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My comments are coming up under "Young Dreamer," and it is freaking me out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can take the girl out of NC, but you can't take the NC out of the girl. Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must say that I am jealous of your move!! 2 years ago my husband dragged me out of the south (kicking,screaming and a bucket of tears) to live in ... (ugh) Indiana. I too am a Carolina girl, from Greensboro... I miss it everyday.

    ReplyDelete